Health & Safety at Work
SD Painting Contractors take the health and safety of our operatives and other members of the site team extremely seriously, that's why we hold the following insurances:
Public and Product Liability insurance up to £5 million
Employer’s Liability insurance up to £10 million.
Our track record is amongst the best in the industry having been incident and accident free for many years. Our NEBOSH accredited Health & Safety advisor is actively involved in the health and safety of our operatives on-site.
CHAS & SMAS Accreditation
Our Health and Safety procedures are actively promoted throughout the company to ensure all parts of the team play their part. These have also been independently audited and accredited through the CHAS and SMAS accreditation scheme.
Each and every project is assessed before commencing works, so that individual and specific method statements, risk assessments and COSHH assessments can be developed and delivered to the workforce on site through a site specific induction prior to starting on site.
Our Health and Safety is overseen by an external team, qualified to the NEBOSH Certificate in Construction. Our site teams are then supervised by SMSTS/SSSTS certified supervisors with all operatives having a minimum of CSCS card qualification.Through the implementation of our training matrix, we also have trained staff in IPAF and PASMA to ensure that each and every project can be catered for in a safe manner.
In addition we operate an in-house Health and Safety policy produced and managed by a specialist company with years of experience in the Construction Industry. This ensures we remain up-to-date with current legislation.
Our management team which are trained under the SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme) ensure that our workforce comply with current Health and Safety legislation . Health and Safety at Work legislation imposes a statutory duty on employers to ensure the health and safety of their employees whilst at work. This also extends to others who may be affected by that work.
To enable these duties to be carried out, we ensure that all health and safety matters are effectively assigned and fulfilled at all levels within our organisational structure.
We will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that proper provision can be made for health and safety.
- Risk assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances, for use at work, are safe and without risks to health.
- All employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
- The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure suitable cover for work-related road safety.
- The place of work is safe and that there is safe access to and egress from the workplace. Emergency procedures are covered on site via toolbox talks conducted by the Main Contractor or ESK management/site supervisors.
- Activity monitoring is undertaken to maintain agreed standards.